Directions to TPWD Headquarters
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Headquarters is located at 4200 Smith School Road in southeast Austin near Highway 71/Ben White Blvd., close to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA).
- Proceed south on IH 35, take Hwy. 71 east toward Bastrop and the airport.
- Exit Montopolis Drive and turn right on to Montopolis Drive (NOTE: the TPWD HQ sign).
- Proceed approximately ½ mile to the next intersection and turn left onto Burleson Road.
- Proceed ½ mile to the next intersection/light and turn right onto Smith School Road (NOTE: TPWD HQ sign on the corner).
- At the end of the road (Level 3 and Smith Elementary School on left side), turn right onto the winding road.
- Follow the winding road around the fenced enclosure to the Main two-story Headquarters Building.
- Parking is available on the left side of the main two-story building, properly marked as "Visitor Parking." The main entrance is the center of the main building that has the flag poles and the TPWD sign in front. Proceed into the main building to the Security desk; sign in and ask for your party.
- Proceed to TPWD Headquarters (see above), turning right onto Smith School Road (NOTE: TPWD HQ sign on the corner).
- At the end of the road (Level 3 Building and Smith Elementary School on left side), turn right onto the winding road.
- The NEW TPWD Boat Registration and License Sales Operations is located around the first curve of the road, on the left, inside the fenced area.
- Take the second entrance and park in Visitor Parking. Enter the building to the right of the loading dock, following signage.
Refer to the map below for directions:
Boat registration and licenses can also be purchased from other locations: