How to File a General Complaint
- If you have not already read Complaint Investigation and Resolution, it is recommended you do so now.
- General complaints should be submitted in writing on the TPWD Complaint Form PWD-185 (PDF 222.8 KB).
- Fill in each blank with the requested information. Blank pages may be inserted between the first page and the signature page if additional space is needed.
- In the body of the complaint, in a narrative form, give a concise statement of the nature of the complaint, including all relevant facts. The more information you can provide, the better it is for the investigator. If known, provide the name the TPWD employee you are complaining against or give sufficient information to allow the Department to identify the employee. Please include your address and telephone number so the investigator can contact you.
- After you have completed the narrative portion of the complaint form, sign it as required.
- The completed and signed complaint form may be filed by mail or in person to the Executive Office, Office of Internal Affairs.
You can contact the Office of Internal Affairs at:
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Executive Office/Office of Internal Affairs
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Phone: (512) 389-4440 | for complaints related to the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, its employees, or its facilities.