TPWD Job Posting 11-51-300
Administrative Assistant I (Assistant Registration Office Manager)
Additional vacancies that occur during this posting will be filled with the pool of applicants within this posting period.
- Position Title: Administrative Assistant I (Assistant Registration Office Manager)
- Posting Number: 11-51-300
- Posted: August 17, 2011
- Closes: 5 p.m. August 31, 2011
- Class/Salary Group: 0150/A9
- Salary: $2,045.82/Mo.
- Division: State Parks
- Position Location: Bastrop State Park, 3005 Hwy 21 East, Bastrop, TX 78602
- Hiring Contact: Joan Atchley
- Phone: 512/321-1673
- Fax: 512/321-3300
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Position Description: Under the direction of the Registration Office Manager, serves as the Assistant Registration Office Manager at Bastrop State Park. This position is the designated Park Administrative Officer on weekends or in the absence of the Registration Office Manager and monitors and provides guidance to other staff as a team lead. Performs administrative support functions and assists with preparing correspondence and reports. Provides assistance in the training and mentoring of administrative staff and volunteers. Assists with the daily operation and business activities of the Park Store and performs purchasing activities in compliance with established procedures. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division, and branch rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Working Conditions: (1) Required to work in a high visitation public park with overnight camping; (2) Required to work hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with days off other than Saturday, Sundays and holidays; (3) Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or GED.
- Experience: One year of experience performing administrative support duties. Preferred Experience: (1) Experience in accounting and clerical duties such as typing, filing, preparing correspondence or handling and accounting cash revenues and other related duties; (2) One year experience using a computer to perform word processing and spreadsheet development; (3) One year experience providing customer service; (4) One year experience in a lead position in an office environment. Note: Experience may have occurred concurrently.
- License/Certifications: Must possess or be able to obtain, within 30 days of employment, a valid class "C" Texas driver's license. Note: Retention of position contingent upon obtaining and maintaining required license.
- Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (1) Knowledge of general office procedures; (2) Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures; (3) Knowledge of accounting and revenue collection; (4) Skill in the use of standard office equipment; (5) Skill in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook; (6) Skill in handling cash transactions and accounting for revenue collected; (7) Skill in effective verbal and written communication; (8) Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers and work related contacts; (9) Skill in making sound judgment decisions based upon data available and in short time frames; (10) Ability to provide quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner; (11) Ability to use personal computers for word processing and automated camper registration; (12) Ability to interpret, analyze and explain organizational policies and procedures; (13) Ability to maintain flexibility and work with frequent interruptions and multiple and changing priorities; (14) Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; (15) Ability to use sound judgment in dealing with confidential matters of significant consequences; (16) Ability to plan, assign and monitor the work of others and to provide direction and guidance to less tenured staff; (17) Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Additional Requirements: (1) Resumes are accepted, but will not serve in lieu of a completed State of Texas Application for Employment; (2) Skills demonstration may be requested at time of interview; (3) Miscellaneous information such as training certificates and copy of driver's license are NOT required; (4) Texas Parks and Wildlife requires a Consent for criminal background check form from all applicants completed at time of application. The form may be found on our website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/jobs.
- FORWARD APPLICATION TO: TPWD- Bastrop State Park, PO Box 518, Bastrop, TX 78602. Attn: Joan Atchley.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment, Recruitment and Retention Branch
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Phone: 512-389-4545; Fax: 512-389-4861; Internet: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/