Zombie Apocalypse Hike
Fri, October 02, 2015
Could you survive and thrive on this short humorous hike?
Wear your zombie survivalist or victim costume for tricks and treats!
Have you wondered about your abilities to live in the wild, such as after an apocalyptic event? Well, we’re going to talk about the basic skills needed to find food, water, shelter, and space in our short (somewhat humorous) sunset program.
We’ll begin at the Nature Center and travel to find the necessary items for survival. Then, we’ll discuss the importance of plants and human uses of the area. Finally, we'll test your luck to survive a zombie apocalypse just before the sun goes down.
So, join us....if you dare! Everyone is welcome to this free hour-long program (pets and zombies must be on leash.) Bring your hiking gear for a short prairie walk. Restrooms available.
Before you can join us:
- Park entry fee paid before trip
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
What to expect:
- Great family fun for all ages
- Prepared for a short walk and survival skills tests
- Small group instruction and guide
- 1 hour program of games, prizes, and short hike
- Costume contest for best dressed zombie and survivalist, Texas State Park packet prizes!