Guided Canoe Trip
Want to explore our sloughs on canoe but not alone?
Jul 19, 2014
from 08:30 AM to 12:30 PM
|Where||Martin Dies, Jr. State Park|
|Contact Name||Amy Kocurek|
|Contact Phone||Reservations: (409) 384-5231, Trip Info: (409) 383-0144|
Want to explore our sloughs on canoe but not alone? Join a ranger for a 6 mile long guided canoe trip along the Neches Paddling Trail. While paddling, we will be on the lookout for wildlife such as bald eagles, herons and alligators.
This trip is from 8:30am to 12:30pm in the afternoon and cost $30 per canoe; which can fit 2 adults. Some canoe experience preferred, but participation is available to anyone capable to the mild and moderate exertion of paddling.
Space is limited so please call our headquarters office in advance to make your reservation.
Where: Meet at the boat dock behind the dining hall on the Walnut Ridge Unit part of the park.
What to Bring: Snacks such as granola bars, water, sunscreen/hat, something soft such as a cushion or towel to sit on, bug spray, and any special medication, for example an epipen.
What to Know:
- Please use the bathroom before showing up at the boat dock.
- Canoes, paddles, and life jackets are provided by Martin Dies, Jr. State Park.
- Our canoes comfortably sit 2 adults, but one youth could sit crossed legged in the middle of the canoe.
- This event is subject to cancellation due to thunderstorms or high winds.
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own canoes/kayaks but will still have to pay the $30 fee for this trip.