Sat, May 09, 2015
Visit a hive, dance like a bee, hike a trail, and smell the flowers!
Did you know that bees are important for our survival? Have you ever tasted Honey Bee spit? Can you dance as well as a bee?
Join us for an hour of bees, fun, and learning at our Nature Center, located on the bay side of the park. Great for scouts, families, and park visitors of all ages! “Bee” prepared for a short lesson, followed by an activity hike through the coastal prairie of Galveston Island State Park. Find the queen bee, get a prize!
No RSVP necessary. Free of charge to all park visitors. Max capacity: 40 people.
Before you can join us:
• Park entry fee paid before trip
• All children must be accompanied by an adult
What to expect:
• Great family fun for all ages
• Indoor and optional outdoor activities
• Pets on leash welcome
• Small group activities and guide
• 1hour program of instruction and short hike
• Restrooms available