Answers to Spike's Activity Page
- 1) A brown pelican's pouch has a capacity of about 3 gallons. How many quarts does that equal? How many pints?
- 12 QUARTS or 24 PINTS
- 2) A desert bighorn sheep's horns can weigh up to 30 pounds. How many ounces does that equal?
- 480 OUNCES
- 3) If a Kemp's Ridley sea turtle is 24 inches long, about how many centimeters is that?
- 61 CENTIMETERS
- 4) When baby Kemp's Ridley sea turtles first hatch, they weigh .5 ounces! Write this decimal as a fraction.
- These answers are both correct: ½ and 5/10
Match the word to its definition:
|Conservation||Saving animals, plants, and habitat|
|Endangered||Species in danger of disappearing forever|
|Threatened||Species about to become endangered|
|Extinct||When something is gone forever|
|Species of Concern||Species we're still worried about|
|Habitat||The special place an animal or plant must live|