Make an Alligator Refrigerator Magnet
Alligators are found in the Gulf Coast region. They are excellent swimmers and enjoy basking in the sun. They are reptiles and therefore cold-blooded. They need the sun to warm themselves. They actually have 5 toes on their two front feet and 4 toes on their two back feet. Their feet are webbed to help with swimming. Their tails help them swim also.
What You Need:
- green felt or construction paper
- clothespin with a spring inside
- black marker
- magnetic tape
- option: craft “wiggly eyes” if you want fancy eyes
- Trace the alligator pattern onto green felt, green construction paper or card stock with black marker. Make 2 outlines.
- Cut out each alligator shape.
- Apply glue to the top of the clothespin. Then lay one alligator shape on the top of the clothespin; making sure the mouth is over the closed end of the clothespin.
- Turn the clothespin over and apply glue to other side of clothespin. Lay other alligator shape over glue in the same way as in step #3.
- Apply glue to the inside of each alligator tail and press together, in order for glue to seal them together.
- Draw eyes two thirds of the way up from the tip of the alligator’s nose or glue on craft “wiggly eyes”
- Draw small “u” shapes on top of body to represent scaly skin.
- Cut a 2-inch strip of magnetic tape and glue to bottom of alligator to make a refrigerator magnet.