Fishing Regulations for Kirby
To combat the spread of invasive zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters.
- Black bass
- For largemouth and smallmouth bass, minimum length limit = 14 inches. No minimum length for Guadalupe or spotted bass. Daily bag limit is 5 fish for all four species in any combination.
- White, striped and yellow bass
- For striped and hybrid striped bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5 in any combination. For white bass, minimum length = 10 inches and daily bag is 25. There are no bag or size limits for yellow bass.
- There is no minimum length limit or daily bag limit for common carp.
- For blue and channel catfish, no minimum length. Daily bag and possession limit = 50 blue and channel catfish in any combination, of which no more than 5 may be 20 inches or longer. For flathead catfish, minimum length=18 inches and daily bag=5.
- For white and black crappie, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 10 inches. Daily bag limit = 25 in any combination.
- For alligator gar, daily bag limit is 1 fish of any size. No bag limits on other species of gar. Certain areas may be temporarily closed to alligator gar fishing when optimum spawning conditions occur. Get details.
- There is no minimum length or daily bag limit on bluegill, redear, warmouth or other species of sunfish.
- For rainbow and brown trout, their hybrids and subspecies, there is no minimum length and daily bag limit = 5 trout in any combination.
- Walleye and saugeye
- No minimum length, but only two of the 5-fish daily bag can be under 16 inches in length.