Fishing Regulations for Old Mt Pleasant City
To combat the spread of invasive zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters. Get details.
- Gear restrictions
- Fishing is by pole and line only. Anglers may use no more than two poles while fishing.
- Black bass
- For largemouth bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches. For smallmouth bass, minimum length = 14 inches. No minimum length for spotted and Guadalupe bass. Daily bag for all four species of black bass = 5 in any combination.
- White, striped and yellow bass
- For striped and hybrid striped bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5 in any combination. For white bass, minimum length = 10 inches and daily bag is 25. There are no bag or size limits for yellow bass.
- There is no minimum length limit or daily bag limit for common carp.
- For channel and blue catfish, there is no minimum length and combined daily bag limit = 5. For flathead catfish, minimum length = 18 inches and daily bag = 5.
- For white and black crappie, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 10 inches. Daily bag limit = 25 in any combination.
- For alligator gar, daily bag limit is 1 fish of any size. No bag limits on other species of gar. Certain areas may be temporarily closed to alligator gar fishing when optimum spawning conditions occur. Get details.
- There is no minimum length or daily bag limit on bluegill, redear, warmouth or other species of sunfish.
- For rainbow and brown trout, their hybrids and subspecies, there is no minimum length and daily bag limit = 5 trout in any combination.