Fishing Regulations for Naconiche
To combat the spread of invasive zebra mussels, the law requires draining of water from boats and onboard receptacles when leaving or approaching public fresh waters.
- Gear restrictions
- Use of juglines, throwlines, and trotlines is prohibited.
- Black bass
- For largemouth bass, only those 16 inches in length or less may be retained. Bass 24 inches or longer may be temporarily retained in a live well or other aerated holding device and immediately weighed using personal scales. Bass weighing 13 pounds or more may be donated to the ShareLunker Program; otherwise, the fish must be immediately released in the lake where caught. Anglers wishing to donate their bass must immediately cease fishing and contact TPWD at (903) 681-0550. Anglers may not remove the bass from the immediate vicinity of the reservoir unless instructed to do so by TPWD staff. Bass not accepted by TPWD must be immediately released. For smallmouth bass (if present), minimum length is 14 inches. No minimum length for spotted and Guadalupe bass (if present.) Daily bag limit for all four species is 5 bass in any combination.
- White, striped and yellow bass
- For striped and hybrid striped bass, minimum length limit = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5 in any combination. For white bass, minimum length = 10 inches and daily bag is 25. There are no bag or size limits for yellow bass.
- There is no minimum length limit or daily bag limit for common carp.
- For channel and blue catfish, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 12 inches and daily bag limit = 25 in any combination. For flathead catfish, minimum length = 18 inches and daily bag limit = 5.
- For white and black crappie, their hybrids and subspecies, minimum length limit = 10 inches. Daily bag limit = 25 in any combination.
- For alligator gar, daily bag limit is 1 fish of any size. No bag limits on other species of gar. Certain areas may be temporarily closed to alligator gar fishing when optimum spawning conditions occur. Get details.
- There is no minimum length or daily bag limit on bluegill, redear, warmouth or other species of sunfish.
- For rainbow and brown trout, their hybrids and subspecies, there is no minimum length and daily bag limit = 5 trout in any combination.