River Fishing in Dallas-Fort Worth
Public Access Points
This page identifies public access points to the Trinity River system, listed by stream or tributary. Note: Fish consumption bans advisories are in effect for much of this area. Check the box below for details.
- 1. Memorial Oak Rd. in Pecan Valley Park, Fort Worth
- 2. 6800 Southwest Blvd. at Ridglea Country Club Dr. exit, Fort Worth
- 3. Oakmont Park – Oakmont Blvd. off Bellaire S. – Fort Worth
- 4. River Park, 3050 Bryant Irvin – Fort Worth
- 5. Bellaire Dr. S. at Channel (Near Hulen) – Fort Worth
- 6. University Dr. at Riverfront Dr. – Fort Worth
- 7. Trinity Park Road in Trinity Park – Fort Worth
- 8. Vance’s Camp and Ten Mile Bridge Road – Fort Worth
- 9. Meandering Road at Anahuac St. – Fort Worth
- 10. White Settlement Rd. at Isbell Rd. – Fort Worth
- 11. Rockwood Park Rd. at University Dr. – Fort Worth
- 12. 700 Northside Dr. – Fort Worth
- 13. 500 Oakhurst Dr. – Fort Worth
- 14. Riverbank Dr. in Gateway Park – Fort Worth
- 15. Rose May Brown Pkwy. in River Legacy Park – Arlington
- 16. Mike Lewis Park on N. Carrier Pkwy. – Grand Prairie
- 17. Nursery Rd. South of Hunter Ferrell – Grand Prairie
- 18. 8800 Camp Wisdom Blvd. – Dallas
- 19. 6000 E. Main St. (180) – Grand Prairie
- 20. Fairway Rd. and Daltons Dr. – Grapevine, Tarrant County
- 21. Denton Tap Rd. – Coppell, Dallas County
- 22. 2300 Sandy Lake Rd. at McKinnish Park – Carrollton
- 23. Belt Line W. – Carrollton
- 24. Royal Lane E. at Spring Trail Park – Irving
- 25. California Crossing near Rochelle Blvd. – Dallas
- 26. 3600 Sylvan Ave. at Trammell Crow Lake Park – Dallas
- 27. Loop 12 S. – Dallas
- 28. McCommas Bluff Preserve, Longbranch/Riverwood Dr. – Dallas
The Texas Department of State Health Services has issued consumption advisories for the following areas:
- Clear Fork of Trinity River from Benbrook Reservoir dam and West Fork from Lake Worth dam, including main stem of the Trinity downstream to US 287 bridge. Anglers are advised not to eat any fish caught in this area.
- Mountain Creek Lake in Dallas County. Anglers are advised not to eat any fish caught in this lake.
- Lake Worth in Tarrant County. Persons should not consume blue catfish, channel catfish or smallmouth buffalo from this lake.
For details on these and other Texas consumption advisories, visit the DSHS Seafood Safety web pages.