Gus Engeling WMA: Camping (GEWMA)
Phone: (903) 928-2251
16149 North US Hwy 287
Tennessee Colony, TX 75861
Open except for drawn hunts in fall and winter. Please call ahead when planning to visit during hunting season.
- Oct. 29 – Nov. 20, 2016
- Nov. 28 – Dec. 1, 2016
- Dec. 14 – 16, 2016
Daily On-site registrationis required of all public users. General public access to the area is during daylight hours through designated legal entry points only and by APH or LPU Permits.
Registration is required.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
Camping, except during public hunts, is available in designated areas with the proper permit. A primitive tent section or RV sites provide alternative camping sites, some overnight. No potable water is available in most areas; bring your own drinking water. Contact the WMA office to get more information.
Camping is available at Fairfield Lake State Park