Pat Mayse: Camping (WMA)
Phone: (903) 905-2207
Dates Open: Open year round, except entire area closed for Special Permit hunts.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
- No type of open fire is allowed during a burn ban. Strictly enforced, contact Lamar county officials at 903-737-2420 to determine if a ban is in effect.
- Fallen branches may be used in campfires, however cutting of firewood is prohibited.
- Reservations at the Pat Mayse West and Sanders Cove campgrounds call 1-877- 444-6777 or go to Recreation.gov