Playa Lakes, Taylor Lakes Unit: Hunting
Phone: (806) 492-3405
Fax: (806) 492-3230
3036 FM 3256
Paducah, TX 79248
Dates Open: Open year round, except closed for Special Permit hunts.
Registration is required.
Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) have rules and regulations for hunting not required on private property. Hunters must possess a valid hunting license, the appropriate tags and stamps, as well as the proper public hunting permit. Permits include: Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH), computer drawn Special Permits, and the Regular Permit, which allows daily small game hunting on some areas. Hunters 16 years of age and younger are not required to have a hunting permit, but must have a hunting license and be supervised by a licensed, permitted adult, 18 years of age or older. Hunters and non-hunters must wear hunter orange during daylight hours at any time when firearm hunting for any species is authorized on the unit (except turkeys, waterfowl, and dove). For more details see the rules page for this WMA, the Summary of Fishing and Hunting Regulations and Public Hunting Lands Information and Maps.
Annual Public Hunting Permit Hunts
- The area is open for mourning dove and early teal season hunting. Dove and teal hunters age 17 and older must possess an APH Permit and are required to register in and out at the information station off US 287.
- The area is open for archery feral hog hunting from February through May.
- ARCHERY DEER and YOUTH/WATERFOWL HUNTS: Hunts by Post Card Selection only: Check the Public Hunting Lands Map Booklet (front section) and map page for Special Youth Hunt information and regulations.
- On-site registration is required.
- No trapping is allowed.
- Use of horses is prohibited.
- All hunters must possess an APH Permit.