Bannister WMA: Camping
Phone: (936) 569-8547
8096 FM 2782
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
Dates Open: Open year round.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
Several primitive campgrounds are provided. Heat and humidity should be considered when camping. The spring and fall months are considered more desirable with better climate conditions and less insects, especially mosquitoes. During hunting season, all camping is restricted to the campgrounds, but the rest of the year backpackers and campers are allowed to stay anywhere there is parking.
For information from the US Forest Service: Angelina National Forest Service