Elephant Mountain WMA: Camping
Phone: (432) 364-2228
109 S. Cockrell
Alpine, TX 79830
Dates Open: Year round except: except entire area closed for special hunts
Driving Tour is open May 1 through August 30, annually.
Please call in advance.
Registration is required.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
Camping is permitted within the designated primitive camping only. All public use is restricted to the camping area from two hours after official sunset until two hours before official sunrise. Campfires are allowed in fire-rings only. Cutting of firewood is prohibited.