Activities and Events for Birders
Going birdwatching, visiting birding and nature festivals, constructing houses and feeders for birds, creating Wildscapes and participating in citizen science activities are great ways to get out into nature, to keep in touch with the awe and mystery of the natural world. While you are birding you are also getting fresh air, exercise, and learning more about the various areas you visit. Seeing the wildflowers, trees, shrubs, vines, butterflies and other critters that share the birds’ environment helps you to appreciate how all the living parts fit into the whole scheme of things.
- Birding and Nature Festivals
- Great Texas Birding Classic
- Nestboxes and Birdhouses
- Project Prairie Birds
- Providing for Backyard Wildlife (PDF 896.1 KB)
- A Texas Guide to Wildlife Watching: Viewing Tips
- Texas Hummingbird Roundup
- Texas Wildscapes
- TPWD Calendar: Wildlife – Birds, Bats and More
- Find your local Audubon chapter to join a bird club in your area.
Top of Page