Texas Hill Country
Mexican Free-tailed bats live in the Hill Country. They are furry and reddish black in color.
What You Need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Crayons or markers
- Bat body parts to color
Bat body parts (PDF 78.4 KB)
- Copy the pattern for the bat.
- Color each piece black, the two wings, body, feet, and head, except for the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cut out each piece.
- Glue the large rectangle around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the front of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the wings to the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the feet to the bottom inside of the roll and then fold upwards.
Hang your bats and make a "cave" of bats.