Make a Tarantula
The tarantula is a hairy spider with eight legs and eight eyes! One pair of eyes is in the middle and three pairs are on each side of its face! Their bite is not poisonous. They are gray to dark brown in color. Tarantulas are most active during the evening when it is coolest. They live under rocks or in burrows abandoned by other animals. Sometimes after mating, the female eats the male.
What You Need:
- Brown construction paper
- Black marker
- Template of spider shape
Template (PDF 87.9 KB)
- option: “Wiggly” craft eyes
- Trace the tarantula shape onto a sheet of brown construction paper.
- Cut out.
- Fringe legs and body to resemble hair.
- Draw the eight pairs of eyes onto front, top of body (or, instead of drawing the eyes, use “wiggly” craft eyes).
- Bring the two ends of the body together underneath and staple two times.