Predators of the Past
One of the largest predators in Texas to have lived was the meat-eating dinosaur called Tyrannosaurus rex. It stood about 18 feet high, nearly as high as a two-story building! And from its nose to the end of its tail, it measured more than 40 feet.
- Measure off a distance of 18 feet by 40 feet.
- See how many members of your group could lie head-to-foot within that length.
- Draw a lifesize outline of the Tyrannosaurus rex and see how many children can fit inside.
How Do You Compare?
- What advantage would this predator have over you?
- How do these adaptations help the Tyrannosaurus rex as a predator?