Mountain lions can broad jump 30 feet in a single bound! They are solitary by nature and are active mainly at night. They are good leapers and tree climbers.
- Each member of your group needs to broad jump.
- Keep a record of your jumps with tape or chalk makrs.
- Compare the distance of each jump to the distance that a mountain lion could jump.
How Do You Compare?
- Who broad jumped the greatest distance in your group? What was the difference between that person and the mountain lion?
- How do these adaptations help the mountain lion as a predator?