Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) brings the coast to local communities each year through Coastal Expo.
Coastal Expo is a fun, family-oriented event with activities for all ages! Visitors see and touch crabs, sea stars, and other coastal animals; view a glass-bottom stream; solve a mysterious fish kill; learn what washes up on the Texas coast; fish for live catfish; and participate in other great activities. In the process, they learn about Texas coastal ecosystems, why they are important, and how to protect them.
2016/2017 Event Schedule
- September 24th - Outdoor Expo, Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, Athens
- September 24th - National Estuaries Day, University of Texas Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas
- September 25th - Bastrop River Rally, Fisherman’s Park, Bastrop
- September 30th - October 2nd – Texas State Fair, Fair Park, Dallas
- February 25th-26th - San Antonio Rodeo, AT&T Center, San Antonio
- March 9th-March 12th - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, NRG Park, Houston
A big thank you to all of our past volunteers, exhibitors, and sponsors! We would not be able to put on such great events without your help.