News Contacts at Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Department policy is that subject matter experts such as biologists, park managers, game wardens and others are free to speak to the news media about any matter within their areas of competence.The TPWD Media Directory listing key staff contacts across the state is available as a resource for the news media at: http://www.tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/mrg.phtml.
However, if the appropriate field representative is not available, the News and Information Branch staff in Austin listed below are ready to help.
- Steve Lightfoot, News Manager: 512-389-4701 (office), 512-565-3680 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Salinas, Information Specialist: 512-389-8756 (office), 512-968-5743 (mobile), email@example.com
- Katy Schaffer, Information Specialist: 512-389-8046 (office); 512-965-7574 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful Communications Division contacts:
- Josh Havens, Communications Division Director: 512-389-4557 (office), email@example.com (Primary Spokesperson for TPWD)
- Tom Harvey, Deputy Division Director: 512-389-4453 (office), 512-565-3679 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
News contacts in other TPWD divisions:
- Larry Hodge, Information Specialist at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens: 903-670-2255 (office), email@example.com (Larry’s focus is Inland Fisheries Division news.)
- Julie Hagen, Coastal Fisheries Division Information Specialist for the Lower Texas Coast in Corpus Christi: 512-389-4206 (office), Julie.Hagen@tpwd.texas.gov
- Tonya Wiley, Coastal Fisheries Division Outreach Specialist for the Upper Texas Coast in Dickinson: 281-534-0131 (office), firstname.lastname@example.org