2016 News Releases (Search: "education")
Sept. 22, 2016
- Toyota ShareLunker Season Begins Oct 1 — TPWD implementing program changes to optimize spawning success
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – For over 30 years, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s (TPWD) Toyota ShareLunker Program has created awareness of the value of catch-and-release fishing, provided 13 pounds or heavier largemouth bass to support Texas’s selective breeding program and generated nationwide interest in Texas bass fishing. This year, TPWD is implementing changes to fully incorporate ShareLunker offspring into hatchery brood stock.
Aug. 31, 2016 — Bundled Plain Text
- Play it Safe on the Water over Labor Day Weekend
Plain Text –
AUSTIN— In the first eight months of 2016, 88 people died on Texas rivers and lakes due to drowning, trauma and other causes. Many of these tragedies can be avoided, which is why Texas game wardens are asking boaters, anglers and swimmers to make a promise to friends and family during the Labor Day holiday weekend to stay safe out on the water and follow these basic guidelines:
- Thursday’s Dove Hunting Season Opening Day a Big Deal in Texas
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – The first of September in Texas sounds a lot like the fourth of July with the steady “pop, pop, pop” of shotgun reports as upwards of a quarter million dove hunters take to the fields across the state for the tradition-rich opening day of the season.
Aug. 25, 2016
- Employee Achievement Recognized at TPW Commission Meeting
Plain Text –
AUSTIN— Two Texas Parks and Wildlife Department employees were recognized at Thursday’s TPW Commission meeting by Executive Director Carter Smith for their outstanding work in various fields.
Aug. 18, 2016
Aug. 15, 2016
Aug. 12, 2016
- Sea Scouts Help Move Dickinson Bayou Wetland Restoration Project to Next Phase [News Images] [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Aug. 3, 2016
- WAFWA Honors Career Achievements of Western Conservation Professionals — Texas and Utah professionals recognized for their contributions [News Images] [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
July 21, 2016
June 29, 2016
- Surge in Water Fatalities a Stark Reminder to Practice Safe Boating — 40 Percent of Fatalities in Texas Involve Paddle Craft [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
June 28, 2016
- Texas Parks and Wildlife, Harris County Award $10 Million in Grants — San Jacinto Waste Pit Grant Program to fund Parks, Boat Ramps, Environmental Education [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
June 24, 2016
June 2, 2016
May 26, 2016
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission Awards $3.54 million in Grants to 22 Recreational Trail Projects [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 24, 2016
- Regulation Helping to Keep Redfish Bay Seagrass Healthy after 10 Years [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 23, 2016
- National Safe Boating Week Encourages Boating and Water Safety Ahead of Memorial Day Weekend [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 20, 2016
- Blue Mountain Peak Ranch Named 2016 Leopold Conservation Award Winner [News Images] [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 12, 2016
May 5, 2016
May 2, 2016
- Community Outdoor Outreach Program Provides Opportunity to Get Outside [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
April 20, 2016
- Texas Landowners Earn Lone Star Land Steward Awards for Conservation Efforts [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
April 19, 2016
April 18, 2016
April 14, 2016
April 7, 2016
March 22, 2016
March 15, 2016
- Record Effort Ramps Up To Stop Exotic Invaders Threatening Texas Waters — Legislature Dedicates $6.3 million to Stop Aquatic Invasive Species [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
March 4, 2016
- Texas Brigades Adds First Coastal Camp to Educational Lineup — The camp is now accepting applications for its inaugural class [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
March 2, 2016
Feb. 23, 2016
Feb. 17, 2016
Feb. 16, 2016
- Historic Legislation Promises Bright Future for Texas State Parks — Record Appropriation Means Improved Facilities, Visitor Experiences Across the State [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Jan. 19, 2016 — Bundled Plain Text
- Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame Picks Three [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
- Texas State-Fish Art Contest Seeks Entries [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.