2017 News Releases About State Parks and Destinations
Feb. 15, 2017
- South Llano River State Park Designated as an International Dark Sky Park
Plain Text –
JUNCTION — Nestled just off IH-10 on the western edge of the hill country is the International Dark-Sky Association’s newest appointee – South Llano River State Park located just outside of Junction. The International Dark-Sky Park designation will ensure the protection of the park’s dark skies not only for the park’s natural resources, but also for the local community and out-of-town visitors to enjoy.
Feb. 13, 2017
- First 2017 Toyota ShareLunker Collected at Marine Creek Lake
Plain Text –
ATHENS — Fort Worth angler Ryder Wicker caught the first Toyota ShareLunker of the 2017 season Feb. 10 at Marine Creek Lake. But this wasn’t the only “first” he checked off the list – this particular fish outweighs the former water body record holder by more than 2 pounds, and is likely the first ShareLunker caught from a group of selectively bred largemouth bass that were stocked by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Inland Fisheries biologists 11 years ago.
Feb. 8, 2017
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Seeks Contractors for $70 Million in Repair Projects — Help With State Bidding Process Available, Including Feb. 23 Workshop in Austin
Plain Text –
AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) has more than 68 repair and improvement projects, with a total construction value at over $70 million, which must be bid and encumbered into construction contracts by this August, thanks to funding provided during the 84th legislative session in 2015. For builders who like the idea of working in state parks, it can offer a nice change of pace compared to big city projects. Anyone is encouraged to bid, but the agency makes special efforts to appeal to minority and woman-owned businesses, following state purchasing rules.
Jan. 24, 2017 — Bundled Plain Text
- San Jacinto Battleground to Conduct Prescribed Burn [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
- Lake Corpus Christi State Park to Host Kid Fish Event [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Jan. 19, 2017
- New Texas State Parks Centennial Plan Lays Blueprint for Brighter Future [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Jan. 18, 2017
- Record Breaking Attendance at Texas State Parks’ Annual First Day Hikes [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.