2017 News Releases About State Parks and Destinations
Feb. 22, 2017
- Whole Earth Provision Co. Hosts Banff Film Festival Benefiting Texas State Parks
Plain Text –
AUSTIN — For the sixth consecutive year, Whole Earth Provision Co. will be donating proceeds from the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour to Texas State Parks.
Feb. 21, 2017
- Biologists Confirm Genetics of First ShareLunker Offspring Entered into Program
Plain Text –
ATHENS – In March 2006, angler Edward Reid pulled a staggering 14.48-pound largemouth bass from the depths of Lake Conroe near Houston. On Feb. 10, nearly 11 years later and more than 234 miles away, angler Ryder Wicker caught the 13.07-pound offspring of that fish from Marine Creek Lake near Fort Worth.
Feb. 15, 2017
- South Llano River State Park Designated as an International Dark Sky Park
Plain Text –
JUNCTION — Nestled just off IH-10 on the western edge of the hill country is the International Dark-Sky Association’s newest appointee – South Llano River State Park located just outside of Junction. The International Dark-Sky Park designation will ensure the protection of the park’s dark skies not only for the park’s natural resources, but also for the local community and out-of-town visitors to enjoy.
Feb. 13, 2017
Feb. 8, 2017
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Seeks Contractors for $70 Million in Repair Projects — Help With State Bidding Process Available, Including Feb. 23 Workshop in Austin [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Jan. 24, 2017 — Bundled Plain Text
- San Jacinto Battleground to Conduct Prescribed Burn [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
- Lake Corpus Christi State Park to Host Kid Fish Event [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Jan. 19, 2017
- New Texas State Parks Centennial Plan Lays Blueprint for Brighter Future [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Jan. 18, 2017
- Record Breaking Attendance at Texas State Parks’ Annual First Day Hikes [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.