Note: This item is more than 11 years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
TPW Commission Approves Five Trail Grants
AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission approved funding Nov. 3 for five National Recreational Trail Grant projects totaling $402,750.
This new round of grants stems from additional federal funding that has become available since an initial $2 million in trail-building funds was awarded by TPWD in August.
Recreational Trail grants are approved based on the recommendations of the Texas Trails Advisory Board. They are funded by a portion of the federal gas tax generated by gasoline purchases to utilize off-road recreational vehicles, such as off-road motorcycles and four-wheelers.
The purpose of the National Recreational Trails Fund is to provide funding for projects that create new and maintain existing motorized and non-motorized recreational trails.
The recipients are listed below:
- Anna Trails in Collin County received $100,000 for a new 1.94-mile trail, land acquisition, bridge and signs. Funds were requested by the City of Anna.
- Patterson Park Trail in Travis County received $99,250 for a new 6,000-foot granite trail in a neighborhood park. Funds were requested by the City of Austin
- Canton Recreational Trails in Van Zandt County received $63,500 for a new 1.5-mile trail and its design, and signs. Funds were requested by the City of Canton
- Pflugerville Reservoir Trail in Travis County received $100,000 for a new 15,950-foot trail, benches and parking. Funds were requested by City of Pflugerville.
- The da Vinci Bridge and Trail in Ector County received $40,000 for a new 1,000-foot trail and bridge over the drainage canal. Funds were requested by The University of Texas, Permian Basin.
For more information on TPWD grant programs see the department Web site (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/grants/).
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.