Note: This item is more than nine years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
Nominations Sought For Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame
ATHENS, Texas – Each year the public has a chance to nominate a favorite fishing icon for consideration as an inductee to the Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. Nominations will be accepted until Feb. 28.
The Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, which is housed at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center here, honors legendary anglers, fisheries professionals and organizations that have made a contribution to freshwater fishing in Texas. One nominee will be chosen by an independent selection committee and formally inducted during the annual Hall of Fame Banquet in May. The honoree will join a legendary group of fishing Hall of Famers including Floyd Mabry, Jackie Hewlett, R.D. Hull, Bob Kemp, Nick Creme, Charlie Inman, Sugar Ferris, Leonard Ranne, Earl Golding, Kathy Magers, the Sabine River Authority, Skeeter Boats and Michael (“Shorty”) Powers.
The rules are simple. The nominee must be a Texan or Texas organization that made a lasting, beneficial impact on freshwater fishing or freshwater fisheries management in Texas. Individuals may be either living or deceased. The nomination form must be completed and postmarked by Feb. 28.
To submit a nomination:
- Obtain an official nomination form available from http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish or from the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center by calling (903) 676-2277.
- Complete the nomination form and mail it to the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, c/o Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, 5550 FM 2495, Athens, Texas 75752, or fax to (903) 676-3474 by the deadline.
- Include copies of supporting documentation (testimonials, videos, photos, samples, etc.)
- Nomination forms and all materials submitted with them become the property of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and will not be returned.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.