Note: This item is more than 11 years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
Public Boating Access Projects In North Texas Get Funding
AUSTIN, Texas — Three new public boating access construction and renovation projects on lakes near the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex will be getting more than $860,000 in matching federal funding assistance from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
The funding grants are provided through the State Boating Access Program and authorized by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission. The program provides funds for the construction and maintenance of public boat ramps, access roads and related improvements. Program funds may also be used for capital improvements to existing state boat ramp sites.
The boating access construction projects are planned for the following lakes:
- Lake Ray Hubbard — The City of Heath has been awarded a cost share grant for $436,563 to construct a two-lane boat ramp, entry road, parking lot, courtesy docks, restroom, bulkheads, retaining wall, lighting, landscaping, walkways, and signs.
- Possum Kingdom Reservoir — The Brazos River Authority received $45,375 in matching funds to renovate two existing single-lane boat ramps. The facility is located at the South D&D Public Use Area on Possum Kingdom Reservoir near Graford.
- Lake Grapevine — The City of Grapevine has been awarded $379,905 in matching funds for construction of a one-lane boat ramp, courtesy dock, and restroom, extend an existing ramp, and renovate/expand existing parking area, retaining wall, lighting, landscaping, walkways, and signs.
All facilities will be operated and maintained by the local government sponsors.
The boating access grant program is funded by the Federal Aid in Sport Fish Restoration Program. The revenue comes from the federal gasoline taxes generated by recreational boaters every time they purchase gas for their boats. The program reimburses sponsors 75 percent of the cost for approved projects.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.