Note: This item is more than nine years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
Statewide Public Meeting Proposals Updated
AUSTIN, Texas — A slate of 22 public meetings across the state, set to begin Feb. 25, will include numerous proposed changes to hunting and fishing regulations for the 2008-2009 season.
Among those proposals is one to extend the use of lawful archery equipment for harvest of catfish through Aug. 31, 2011.
The change to allow the use of lawful archery equipment, including cross bows, was due to expire August 31, 2008. TWPD Inland Fisheries Division biologists are still in the process of evaluating the impact of the regulation on catfish populations.
For a complete list of other proposed regulation changes for both hunters and anglers, and a calendar of public meetings, please visit the TPWD Web site.
On the Net:
- Hunting and Fishing Proclamation Proposals: http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20080130f
- TPWD Statewide Public Meeting Schedule: http://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feedback/meetings/statewide_hearings/
- Coastal Fisheries Proposals: http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20080130b
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.