Note: This item is more than five years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
TPWD Sets Statewide Public Hearings
AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is recommending changes to next year’s hunting and fishing regulations. The department is seeking comment on these proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations during a series of public hearings.
Each year, TPWD considers changes in hunting and fishing regulations to achieve resource management objectives and maximize outdoor recreation opportunities consistent with good stewardship.
The public is encouraged to attend public meetings in their area and provide comment on proposed changes. The TPW Commission will make final rulemaking at its March 30-31 public hearing in Austin.
Public comment on proposed changes may be made in writing to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Statewide Hunting and Fishing Proclamation Public Comment, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744. Comments may also be submitted via the department’s website at http://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feedback/public_comment/ or through the following resource points of contact:
- Robert Macdonald (Wildlife) at (512) 389-4775; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Ken Kurzawski (Inland Fisheries) at (512) 389-4591, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art Morris (Coastal Fisheries) at (361) 825-3356, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Robert Goodrich (Law Enforcement) at (512) 389-4853, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Statewide Public Hearings
All meetings are scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Rusk, Cherokee County Courthouse, 135 S. Main.
- Corpus Christi, TAMU Corpus Christi National Resource Center Room 1003, 6300 Ocean Dr.
- Lubbock, Lubbock County Courthouse, 904 Broadway.
- Jefferson, Marion County Courthouse Room 210, 114 W. Austin St.
- Port Arthur, Lamar College, Carl Parker Center 2nd Floor, 1880 Lakeshore Dr.
- San Antonio, Lions Field Adult Center, 2809 Broadway.
- Dickinson, TPWD Marine Lab, 1502 Pine Dr.
- Hemphill, Sabine County Courthouse, 201 Main St.
- South Padre Island, South Padre Island Convention Center, 7355 Padre Blvd.
- Tyler, Smith County Courthouse, 100 N. Broadway.
- Fort Worth, Cabela’s, 12901 Cabela’s Dr.
- Sulphur Springs, Hopkins County Courthouse, 118 Church St.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.