Note: This item is more than a year old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
Nov. 6, 2013 — Correction: Figures in this news release were incorrect in the initial posting. The numbers have been corrected.
Big Time Texas Hunts Winners Announced
AUSTIN — Fifteen lucky sportsmen are making special plans for hunting season as winners of this year’s Big Time Texas Hunts. The hunters were selected by random computer drawing from applicants in the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department program.
All told, hunters bought 71,658 Big Time Texas Hunt entries during this year’s sales period through the Oct. 15 deadline. This generated $676,504 in gross revenue to support wildlife research, habitat management and public hunting.
The winner of this year’s Big Time Texas Hunts crown jewel, the Texas Grand Slam hunt package, which includes four separate guided hunts for Texas’ most prized big game animals; desert bighorn sheep, white-tailed deer, pronghorn antelope and mule deer is Kelly Lee Hill of Spring, Texas.
Hill admits he only recently learned about the Big Time Texas Hunts while taking a hunter education course in order to meet requirements for bowhunting in other states. “I had no idea these hunts were being offered,” he recalls. “I went to work and told all my friends and we all entered; I won. I know there are people who’ve been entering for years so I feel fortunate to win. I’m excited.”
Following are the winners of this year’s Big Time Texas Hunts.
- Texas Grand Slam — Kelly Lee Hill, Spring, TX
- Premium Buck Hunt — Michael Brown, Magnolia, TX
- Exotic Safari — Kepha Hawkins, Clyde, TX; Julius Zapalac, Ledbetter, TX
- Whitetail Bonanza — James Marsh, Bluemont, VA; Cody Stewart, San Antonio, TX; Lloyd Dunn, San Antonio, TX; James Watkins, Bullard, TX; Pat Green, New Home, TX; Danny Clark, Navasota, TX; Timothy Motes, Humble, TX;
- Big Time Bird Hunt — Jeffrey Hilsberg, Austin, TX
- Gator Hunt — Robert Pulley, Lucas, TX
- Texas Waterfowl Hunt — Robert Holmes, Cypress, TX
- Wild Hog Adventure — Mike Davis, San Angelo, TX
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.