2016 News Releases (Search: "cwd")
Nov. 1, 2016
- Prospects Remain Excellent for Deer Season — Hunters hoping Saturday’s opener brings reprieve from warm temps
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – Record high temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s from Amarillo to Austin left ardent bowhunters sweltering in their deer stands throughout October; a trend weather models project could come to a welcome end heading into Saturday’s general rifle season opening day.
Sept. 29, 2016
- Deer Hunting Season “Silent Opener” Saturday
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – Texas deer hunting’s silent season, limited to archery equipment only, opens statewide Saturday and all indicators point to excellent prospects, according to wildlife biologists with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD).
Sept. 28, 2016
- CWD Sample Collector Trainings in the Trans Pecos and Panhandle
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD), Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service have partnered to coordinate chronic wasting disease (CWD) postmortem sample collector trainings in the Trans Pecos and Panhandle. As part of the state’s increased CWD surveillance, officials are providing the opportunity for landowners/managers, taxidermists and veterinarians to be trained to collect tissues for CWD testing under TAHC’s Certified CWD Postmortem Sample Collector training program.
Sept. 19, 2016
Aug. 25, 2016
Aug. 1, 2016
- TPWD Sets Public Hearings on Deer Movement Rule Proposals in Areas with CWD, animal diseases, [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
July 1, 2016
- Additional CWD Cases Discovered at a Quarantined Captive White-tailed Deer Breeding Facility [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
June 20, 2016
June 16, 2016
- Media Advisory: Special Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission Meeting on CWD June 20 [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 27, 2016
- Decision Postponed on Chronic Wasting Disease Management Regulations [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 3, 2016
April 4, 2016
Feb. 26, 2016
- Hartley County Mule Deer Tests Positive for Chronic Wasting Disease [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Feb. 5, 2016
Jan. 22, 2016
- TPW Commission Takes Action on Deer Management Permit; Aerial Wildlife Management Clarified [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.