Note: This item is more than six years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
TPWD Seeks Public Input on How Spotted Seatrout Should be Managed
CORPUS CHRISTI — Due to continued public interest in overall spotted seatrout population health, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Coastal Fisheries Division staff will host a series of coastwide scoping meetings in January to obtain public input on potential conservation measures for spotted seatrout as part of the annual statewide proclamation process. Coastal Fisheries staff will consider input on how spotted seatrout are currently managed in Texas.
To provide anglers with more information about spotted seatrout management in Texas, a frequently asked questions page has been set up on the TPWD website at tpwd.texas.gov. Also on the website is an online comments page that has been set up to receive input as well.
The public is invited to attend and provide comments at any of the following meetings: All meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- Port Arthur, Jan. 4, Port Arthur Public Library, 4615 9th avenue.
- Dickinson, Jan. 5, TPWD Dickinson Marine Lab, 1502 FM 517E (Pine Dr.).
- Port Lavaca, Jan. 6, USDA Extension Service Auditorium, 186 County Road 101.
- San Antonio, Jan 11, Lion’s Field Adult & Senior Citizens Center, 2809 Broadway.
- Rockport, Jan. 12, Aransas County District Court Room, 301 N. Live Oak.
- Port Isabel, Jan. 13, Port Isabel High School Auditorium, 101 Port Road.
- Corpus Christi, Jan. 18, Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Natural Resource Center, Rm. 1003, 6300 Ocean Dr.
If you are unable to attend one of these meeting and would like to provide comments please contact your local TPWD Coastal Fisheries office or Fisheries Outreach Specialist, Art Morris, Corpus Christi Field Station, phone 361-825-3356, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to email@example.com and mention Plain Text Pages.