New for 2015-2016
- In Braunig and Calaveras reservoirs, minimum length limit for largemouth bass is lowered to 14 inches. Daily bag limit remains at five.
- On O.H. Ivie Reservoir, smallmouth bass minimum length limit is lowered to 14 inches. Daily bag limit is increased to five.
- On Lake Nasworthy, largemouth bass length limit changes to prohibit harvest of bass 14–18 inches long (14–18-inch slot). Daily bag limit remains at five.
- On Falcon Lake, alligator gar daily bag limit is increased to five per day.
- On Lake Texoma, in addition to the prohibition on the "take" of alligator gar during May from Lake Texoma from the U.S. 377 bridge (Willis Bridge) up-stream to the I-35 bridge, no person "shall fish for or seek to take" alligator gar in that area.
- Eastern turkey season is closed in 11 counties and on national forest lands in Jasper County.
- Eastern turkeys now reported electronically.
- Mandatory harvest reporting will no longer be required in Wharton and Matagorda Counties during the 30-day spring turkey season, which opens there April 1.
- Youth-only late turkey season is expanded by 12 days in counties having a fall Rio Grande turkey season, to run 14 days concurrently with late youth-only white-tailed deer season.