Light Goose Conservation Order
Valid Sep. 1, 2016 through Aug. 31, 2017.
During the Light Goose Conservation Order special season, the following rules shall be effect for the taking of light geese:
- The use of electronic calls is legal.
- Unplugged shotguns holding more than 3 shells are legal.
- No daily bag or possession limits.
- Shooting hours are one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset.
- Light Geese shall include only Snow (including blue) and Ross' geese.
Area Closed to Hunting
After March 5, 2017, it is unlawful to take light geese in Refugio, Calhoun and Aransas counties on the seaward side of a line beginning at the Gulf of Mexico at Port O’Connor (including Pelican Island), thence northwest along State Hwy. 185, thence southwest along State Hwy. 35 to Aransas Pass, thence southeast along State Hwy. 361 to the Port Aransas Channel, thence east along the Corpus Christi Channel, thence southeast along the Aransas Channel to the Gulf of Mexico.
This closure does not apply to the Guadalupe Delta Wildlife Management Area.