Light Goose Conservation Order
During the Light Goose Conservation Order special season, the following rules shall be effect for the taking of light geese:
- The use of electronic calls is legal.
- Unplugged shotguns holding more than 3 shells are legal.
- No daily bag or possession limits.
- Shooting hours are one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset.
- Light Geese shall include only Snow (including blue) and Ross' geese.
- Western Zone dates:
- Feb. 2 — Mar. 22
- Eastern Zone dates:
- Jan. 26 — Mar. 22
Area Closed to Hunting for Light Geese
After March 3, 2013, it is unlawful to take light geese in Refugio, Calhoun, and Aransas counties on the seaward side of a line beginning at the Gulf of Mexico at Port O'Conner (including Pelican Island), thence northwest along State Highway 185, thence southwest along State Highway 35 to Aransas Pass, thence southeast along State Highway 361 to the Port Aransas Channel, thence east along the Corpus Christi Channel, thence southeast along the Aransas Channel to the Gulf of Mexico. This closure does not apply to the Guadalupe Delta Wildlife Management Area.