Toyota ShareLunker Program
How to Enter a Lunker
If your fish meets the requirements listed below, call (903) 681-0550.
- The program is limited to largemouth bass weighing 13 pounds or more.
- The fish must be legally caught in Texas waters.
- Entries are accepted October 1 through April 30. Bass caught January through March may be transported to the hatchery for spawning. Entries caught during the remainder of the season will be evaluated on site and returned to the angler.
- Fish must be weighed on certified or legal-for-trade scales. Click here for assistance in finding scales, or visit our list of ShareLunker Weigh and Holding Stations. Certified scales are scales that have been certified as accurate by the Texas Department of Agriculture, the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) or a commercial scales calibration company.
- Call TPWD as soon as possible with your name, where the fish is located, a telephone number where you can be reached and when and where you caught the fish. Be sure to include your area code when leaving a message on the pager. A Texas Parks and Wildlife Department representative will respond within 12 hours.
- TPWD staff will be solely responsible for accepting a fish into the program. Fish held at Weigh and Holding Stations are not officially entered into the ShareLunker program until accepted by a TPWD representative.
- The angler must sign a release absolving all sponsors, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department employees of any liability resulting from the loss or death of the fish.
Is your bass not quite a ShareLunker? It may be eligible for awards in our Angler Recognition Program.
Benefits of Participation
Each angler who has a lunker accepted into the program receives a fiberglass replica of the fish from Lake Fork Taxidermy, ShareLunker clothing, and recognition at an annual awards banquet held at TFFC. In addition, the Texas resident catching the largest entry of the season is awarded a lifetime fishing license.