- Swimming Safety Tips
- No lifeguards on duty; swim at your own risk
- Open year-round from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. or sunset, whichever comes first.
- The gate to the pool and pool area will be locked at 6 p.m.
- No charge for swimming (park entry fees still apply).
- Check with the park for details and rules.
Note: Swimmers under 18 must have a parent or guardian's written permission. Call the park for forms if you are bringing children under 18 without their parents or guardians, or use the Swimming Release Agreement (PDF).
- Scuba divers (certified and/or students with instructors) may dive from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Night diving is allowed for divers holding an open water certification or temporary certification when accompanied by a certified instructor. Fee for night diving is $5 per person and must be arranged during office hours. Check with park for night diving hours.
- All individual scuba diving will be done on the buddy system. A minimum of two (2) certified divers is required to dive.
- All individual divers utilizing San Solomon Springs at Balmorhea State Park must present certification cards ("C" Cards) or up-to-date log books prior to signing the Liability Waiver.
- All divers must sign a Liability Waiver prior to entering the water. All sign-ins must be done during regular office hours (hours vary with season - call (432) 375-2370 for current office hours).
- Only certified instructors will be allowed to conduct dive classes. Proof of certification and insurance must be provided.
- A copy of the instructor's liability insurance must be on file in the park office prior to conducting a dive class.
- A ratio of one (1) certified instructor to eight (8) students is the maximum allowed in the water.
- No diver will molest, catch or handle any fish, turtle or other aquatic life. Natural areas of the spring, including rocks, are not to be disturbed or moved.
- No spear guns, knives or fishing gear are permitted in the pool or pool area.
- All divers will have properly inspected and maintained equipment.
- Air compressors must conform to recommended EPA/OSHA noise levels. No compressors are to be used between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. No compressors may be used in the parking area at San Solomon Springs Court or in the camping area at any time.
- No surface air pumps of any kind will be allowed in the pool at any time.
- All Texas Parks & Wildlife Rules and Regulations are to be strictly adhered to and will be strictly enforced. (Copies are available in the park office.) Instructors and group leaders are expected to familiarize their people with these Rules and Regulations.
Note: Air tank refills are available locally.
Note: Swimmers under 18 must have a parent or guardian's written permission. Call the park for forms if you are bringing children under 18 without their parents or guardians, or use the Swimming Release Agreement.