Battleship Texas Foundation
The Battleship Texas Foundation helps present Battleship Texas to the public. Your membership in the foundation ensures that the "Mighty T" can continue to tell the story of those who fought for freedom.
The foundation raises funds to assist the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department with education, restoration, and maintenance of the battleship. It also operates a program that lets youth groups spend the night aboard ship and learn about life in the Navy.
Interested in donating an artifact?
Battleship Texas State Historic Site includes a museum that actively collects:
- Objects related directly to USS Texas (BB-35), her crew, and her place in U.S. and world history from 1914 to 1948;
- Items related to the institutional history of the ship as an historic site and museum from 1948 to the present;
- Items associated with the three other U.S. Navy vessels named “Texas”: Texas (1895), USS Texas (CGN-39), and USS Texas (SSN-775).
The museum preserves, stores, and interprets more than 40,000 donated items. We are always interested to learn about objects you wish to donate. We cannot accept everything offered, due to limited space and resources. If you would like to donate an item, please follow these steps:
- Contact the ship’s curator or collections manager: BB35Curatorial@tpwd.texas.gov or
(281) 479-2431, ext. 248 or ext. 239.
- Please do not mail donations to the ship, the Battleship Texas Foundation, or the First Texas Volunteers without first talking to the ship’s curator or collections manager. We will return them to you!
- Please do not drop off potential donations with ship staff, volunteers, or the Battleship Texas Foundation without approval from the curator or collections manager. Staff and volunteers will refuse unauthorized donations.
- If the curatorial staff approves the donation, we will ask you to sign a deed of gift to permanently transfer ownership of all listed items to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- We will forward the deed of gift to the collections committee in Austin for final approval.
- After approval, you will receive a copy of the original deed of gift and a letter of thanks.
Note: Please be aware that Texas Parks and Wildlife Department cannot accept object donations with special conditions attached. We cannot guarantee that we will place your donation on immediate or permanent display.