Agua Adentro Pens
Agua Adentro Pens is an equestrian staging area along Camino a la Sauceda, the two-wheel drive main road. This campsite holds a maximum of 24 persons and 12 vehicles.
In Spanish, Agua Adentro means “water within,” referring to a nearby mountain and spring. This has three large shade shelters, several livestock pens, three fire rings and a traditional ocotillo fence surrounding a small livestock pen. The area is so large that it easy to move any horse or travel trailer around to make camp more comfortable. Located close to the center of the park, the equestrian has unlimited access to miles of historic ranching roads and trails to explore.
GPS Coordinates (NAD83):
- UTM13 Easting: 592903.9074
UTM Northing 3261643.8693
- Longitude DD -104.0417148
Latitude DD 29.48084919
- Longitude DMS -104 2 30.1733
Latitude DMS 29 28 51.0571
Getting there (all distances and travel times are approximate):
- From Sauceda Ranger Station to campsite - Travel approximately six miles west on Camino a la Sauceda; driving time: 17 minutes.
- From Portal del Presidio to Campsite - Travel approximately 10 miles east on Camino a la Sauceda; driving time: 40 minutes.
- Oso Loop Road: 6.0 miles one way
- Las Burrras Road: 9.3 miles one way
- #42 Old Entrance Road: 7.18 miles one way
About these sites:
- Located at a hub of a network of trails
- Room for horse trailers and horse vans
- Centrally located in the Bofecillos Mountains
- Showers and ranch-style meals at nearby Sauceda Ranger Station
- Easy access onto the Sauceda Ranch Road