Primitive Campsites (Hike in 1-3 miles)
- People per Site: 6
- Number of Sites: 50
Backpacking equipment is required. Fires prohibited; except containerized fuel stoves for cooking only. All trash must be carried out and disposed of responsibly. Maximum six people per site; each primitive area accommodates numerous sites. Off-trail hiking and rock climbing prohibited. Pets allowed on leash; please pick up and dispose of pet waste properly. Please practice Leave No Trace principles as the park contains sensitive natural and cultural resources.
Campsite area descriptions:
- Area A - lower elevation on East Trail, close to the Sabinal River, with a composting toilet
- Area B - higher elevation, 100 yards off East Trail
- Area C - lower elevation, on East Trail, close to the Ponds, with a composting toilet
- Area D - lower elevation, on West Trail
- Area E - higher elevation, 100 yards off West Trail, with a short hike to a composting toilet
- Area F - higher elevation, 100 yards off West Trail, with a short hike to a composting toilet
- Area G - lower elevation, on West Trail Loop
- Area H - higher elevation, on West Trail Loop
Check the park Trails Map (PDF) for primitive Area locations.
Note: Information and prices are subject to change. Please call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for the latest updates. The daily entrance fee is charged in addition to any facility fees, unless otherwise stated. A Texas State Park Pass will allow you and your guests to enjoy unlimited visits for 1-year to more than 90 State Parks, without paying the daily entrance fee, in addition to other benefits.
Pets are not allowed in any Texas State Park buildings. For other general pet restrictions check the Texas State Park Regulations. For park specific pet restrictions contact the park.
Call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for more information.