Texas State Parks Pass Details
What do I get when I purchase a pass?
Free entry to state parks for one year.
Some parks do not charge an entry fee. Activity and camping fees still apply.
- This applies to you and your guests who are riding in the same noncommercial car. You (the pass holder) must present the pass and valid identification.
- If you enter the park by boat, bicycle, or on foot, you can bring as many as five guests with you who are entering the same way.
- If you enter by motorcycle, a pass will cover two motorcycles, each with a maximum of two people.
Camping discounts for four camping trips.
You pay half price for the second night, when you stay two or more nights in a campsite or regular screen shelter.
- Blackout dates apply, and are set by each park as needed.
- The discounts are attached to your pass, and we will apply them when you pay camping fees.
- The discounts expire when your pass expires; coupons cannot be transferred and have no cash value.
Discounts on purchases at a state park store.
Your park pass gives you a 10 percent discount on most retail and rental items in a Texas state park store. Show your pass at the register. Stores operated by partnership agreements may not honor this discount.
- Secondary pass: You can buy a secondary pass for someone who lives with you for $25. See restrictions below.
- Getaway planner: Sign up for our monthly Getaway planner to learn about park events and news.
- E-mail updates: Get up-to-the-minute alerts of happenings, reminders and special offers.
- Special discounts: Many parks offer special discounts for programs, activities, and events.
What are the rules?
The pass does not have your name printed on it. Therefore, you must show identification when you use your card.
You must present the actual pass card when checking in or receiving discounts. Copies or pictures of the pass are not acceptable.
The pass is not for group or business use.
Your card can be replaced (one time only) for a $10 fee.
You cannot give your pass to anyone else, and TPWD is not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen passes.
All pass sales are final and there are no refunds or extensions for weather or park closures.
For secondary pass:
- The secondary pass holder must live at the same address as you.
- You can only buy one secondary pass.
- You can buy a secondary pass at any time that your pass is valid. However, it will expire when your primary pass expires.
- The secondary pass has the same benefits as the main pass, except for the camping discounts. Only the main pass holder can use those discounts.
- The secondary pass cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
Buy a Texas State Park Pass at any state park, or call (512) 389-8900 to order a pass (plus shipping and handling).