Find information about making reservations at state parks:
- Online basics
- Reservation procedures
- Changing or cancelling a reservation
- Reservation definitions
New! You can now reserve cabins, hotel rooms and improved shelters, as well as the rooms in the Sauceda Ranch House at Big Bend Ranch, online. Check now for availability! Starting June 1, 2016, we only allow two transfers on each reservation; go to the Changing a Reservation section for details.
Note: Some facilities require phone reservations. This includes most ADA facility sites, group facilities, some specific parks’ facilities, and Texas Outdoor Family Programs. Visit the Phone Reservations section for phone numbers.
- Make and cancel reservations for campsites, shelters, cabins and motel rooms 24 hours a day, seven days a week, up to 11 months in advance (333 days).
- You must cancel reservations three or more days before your arrival to receive a refund (less the administrative fee). For more information go to Changing a Reservation.
- Only reservations made online within the last 90 days can be cancelled online.
- We require a credit card to confirm reservations.
- Make same-day reservations from midnight to 5 a.m. only. After 5 a.m., you must call the park directly.
Please e-mail Customer Service or call (512) 389-8900 with questions and comments.
Note: We cannot check site availability or make reservations by e-mail. Reservations change too rapidly for e-mail to keep up.
We recommend reservations for day and overnight facilities and some tours and activities. Popular sites fill months in advance; reserve those sites early.
Reserve by phone or online, up to 11 months (333 days) in advance, for multiple sites and parks (with no overlapping dates).
Make reservations at least one day prior to your arrival date. You can make reservations on the Web until 5 a.m. on the day of arrival. After 5 a.m., call the park directly.
Before making a reservation, please gather:
- Home and work telephone numbers
- Trailer or motor home lengths (if applicable)
- Payment: We accept Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
Confirm a reservation with a credit card. We will charge your credit card for the first night's stay. Same-day reservations are not refundable.
- We require payment to confirm (guarantee) a reservation.
- You must pay the first day/night's facility charge with a credit card when you reserve the site. This does not include the park entry fee, which we calculate when you arrive.
- For group facilities ($100 or more per day): We require payment of the first day's facility fee at the time of booking. Fees for the entire stay are due no less than 60 days before your reservation date. This does not include park entry fees, which we calculate when you arrive.
- We accept Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
Call the Customer Service Center to transfer or extend a confirmed reservation. Reservations made online within the last 90 days can be cancelled online.
Rate Changes: Administrative charges and site/facility fees are subject to change at any time. If facility fees change, we will honor the fees in effect when you made the reservation, as long as you do not change the reservation. If you make changes, we will apply the new fees.
- Campsites $10 and under: No refund if you cancel online
- Campsites $10 and up, shelters, cabins, and group facilities less than $100: $10
- Group facilities $100 and up: $25
We will not apply administrative charges if you:
- change or cancel a reservation on the same day you make the reservation (Cancel online or by email before midnight.)
- extend a confirmed reservation
We will apply administrative charges on each reservation, if you:
- drop any dates on a reservation
- change parks
- change dates
- cancel your reservation
You can transfer no more than two times on each reservation to a different park or date, with applicable administrative charge. If you request an additional transfer, we will cancel the original reservation with the applicable administrative charge. You can make a new reservation (if dates are available) online or on a subsequent call.
Cancel or Transfer Window
- Campsites, shelters, shelters with amenities, limited cabins, cabins, motel rooms and group facilities under $100: Three or more days before the arrival date. You will forfeit the first night's payment if you make changes within three days of the arrival date.
- Group facilities $100 and up: 60 or more days before the arrival date. You will forfeit the first day's payment if you make a change within 60 days of the arrival date.
Administrative Charge - The amount we charge for cancelling or making a change on a reservation.
Cancellation - When a customer cancels a reservation; this allows someone else to reserve the site.
Capacity limits - Determined by the local park. Most shelters and drive-up campsites can have up to eight persons per site, including children. Most primitive hike-in campsites can have up to four persons. We may charge a per-person excess occupancy fee.
Check-in time - Normal check-in time is 2 p.m. for campsites, 10 a.m. for group facilities, and 3 p.m. for cabins (5 p.m. guaranteed entrance).
Checkout time - Normal checkout time is 2 p.m. for most campsites, 11 a.m. for cabins, and 9 p.m. for group facilities.
Customer Service Center - The central location in Austin where we make reservations. Contact the CSC by e-mail or call (512) 389-8900.
Empty campsites - Sometimes empty campsites are reserved. Always check at the park office before occupying a site.
Facility fee - The amount you pay to rent a park facility such as a campsite, shelter, cabin, or picnic pavilion.
Facilities for people with disabilities - Contact specific parks or the CSC for information about accessible facilities.
- Late arrivals with a confirmed reservation – We will hold a site until 9 a.m. on the morning following a confirmed arrival date. You do not need to call the park.
- Late arrivals with an unconfirmed reservation - You must call the park before 5 p.m. if you will arrive after 5 p.m. If we don’t hear from you, we will release your site reservation(s) at 5 p.m.
Park hours - Most park office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but some vary. Most parks close for day use at 10 p.m. and gates are closed. Visit the park’s website or call the park to verify.
Reservation - When a facility has been reserved for you (one campsite for five nights = one reservation; five campsites for one night = five reservations).
- Confirmed (guaranteed) reservation - When we have received the minimum payment on a reservation.
- Unconfirmed reservation - When we have not received payment on a reservation, or the payment was returned (check) or declined (credit card).
Rules & regulations - Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Rules and Regulations.
Special functions - Some parks have designated areas or facilities for meetings, social events and celebrations; use fees vary.
Site requests - Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the park. You may not reserve sites by number. The exception is Lake Livingston State Park, where you can reserve specific sites on one camping loop.
Transfer - Any change to a reservation's date of arrival, park location, length of stay, site type, etc.