Yield:about 6 cups of salad... 2–3 main dish servings or up to 6 servings as a side
- 4 oz good salami of your choice
- 8 oz fresh mozarella
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 large banana peppers
- 1/4 C oilve oil
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the salami, cheese, green beans (ends trimmed from those), tomatoes, and peppers into bite-sized pieces. Again, careful with that knife if you are dancing and/or drinking!
- Bring some water to a boil and blanch the greens beans for about 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water. (Omit the green beans and substitute another vegetable if you don't want to light up the stove at all.)
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, and oregano in a small jar and shake well to combine.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- It's best if you let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors combine, but it's also good right away. Top with freshly cracked black pepper just before eating.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Lisa Rawlinson at Full & Content (http://fullandcontent.blogspot.com)