Beef & Cheese Pinwheels
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 package (4 ounces) herb flavored cream cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas (about 10 inches)
- 2 cups spinach leaves (about 20 leaves)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- Spread cheese evenly over one side of each tortilla.
- Place deli roast beef over cheese leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
- Place spinach leaves over beef.
- Arrange peppers down center, over spinach.
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to overnight before serving.
To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 8 slices. Arrange cut side up on serving platter.
Try flavored deli meat (such as Cajun roast beef) or flavored cream cheese to spice things up!
Tips from Our Cook
Red peppers must be rinsed and dried to prevent soggy tortillas. Be sure to wrap tightly to prevent tortilla from drying out. Slice as close to serving time as possible - cover with plastic wrap.
Nutrition Info per serving: 348 calories; 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 60 mg cholesterol; 1458 mg sodium; 36 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 18 g protein; 3 mg niacin; 0 mg vitamin B6; 0 mcg vitamin B12; 4.8 mg iron; 12 mcg selenium; 0.6 mg zinc.
Per 1 appetizer, 1 oz. serving: 58 calories; 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 10 mg cholesterol; 243 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 0.5 g fiber; 3 g protein; 0.5 mg niacin; 0 mg vitamin B6; 0 mcg vitamin B12; 0.8 mg iron; 2 mcg selenium; 0.1 mg zinc.
Recipe Courtesy of the Texas Beef Council