Beef, Chicken and Shrimp Kabobs
Beef and Chicken Marinade:
- 1 pound of beef cut in 2 inch pieces (makes 5 kabobs)
- 3 chicken breasts cut in 2 inch pieces (makes 7 kabobs)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Squish the outside to mix well.
- Spoon half the marinade into a second Ziploc bag. Add chicken to one bag and beef to the other.
- Remove most of the air and seal. Squish the bag to ensure the marinade covers all the meat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Preparing the Kabobs:
- Bag of Marinated Beef
- Bag of Marinated Chicken
- 20 medium-size shrimp, thawed (makes 5 kabobs)
- 3 red bell peppers cut into one-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 medium-sized onion cut into one-inch squares
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 18 bamboo skewers, soaked
- Set a small pot of water with a dash of salt on to boil.
- Once boiling, add bell peppers and onion pieces and boil for 2 min.
- Remove vegetables from boiling water and place and in an ice bath for 2 min.
- Place pre-cooked vegetables into a bowl lined with a paper towel.
- Take a bamboo skewer and layer the ingredients as such: meat, onion, red bell pepper, meat, onion, green bell pepper, onion, meat, onion, red bell pepper, meat, tomato.
- Continue for all the beef, chicken and shrimp being careful to wash your hands after each type.
- For the shrimp, seasoned with garlic powder, pepper and Tony Chachere’s seasoning mix.
Prepare grill as normal. Chicken takes the longest to cook, 7 to 10 min. followed by a beef, 5 to 7 min. and finally shrimp, 3 to 5 min. Chicken should be white in the center on the shrimp should be pink.
Recipe and photos, courtesy of Melissa Miller Andrew at Red, White and Blueberries (http://redwhiteandblueberries.com)