Breaux Bridge Crawfish Potato Salad
Yields 8 servings
- 3 tbs grapeseed oil
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes (or your favorite)
- 1 lb Louisiana crawfish tails, fresh
- 1 ea shallot, small dice
- 1 ea bell pepper, small dice
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 1/4 c crispy bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1/2 ea lemon juiced
- 2/3 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c Creole mustard
- 1/2 c pickled okra, small dice
- 1/4 c pickled okra brine
- 1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
- salt, pepper and Creole seasoning to taste
Blanch potatoes until tender and chill. In a saute pan, saute crawfish tails in 1 tbl of grapeseed oil and season with Creole seasoning and chill.
In the same pan with 2 tbl with grapeseed oil saute shallots, bell pepper and celery until tender and chill.
In a large bowl, add potatoes, shallots, bell pepper, celery, bacon, okra and chopped egg. Add mayonnaise, Creole mustard, okra brine, lemon juice and mix gently until well incorporated.
Fold in crawfish tail, green onions and season to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Restaurant - Brennan’s of Houston; Houston, Texas. Executive Chef, Danny Trace. (http://brennanshouston.com/)