The Texas Legislature requires each agency to make a good faith effort to assure that Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) receive a portion of all contract dollars. During the fiscal year, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) is expected to work towards the following HUB goals:
- 11.2% for heavy construction other than building contracts;
- 21.1% for all building construction contracts, including general contractors and operative builders contracts;
- 32.9% for all special trade construction contracts;
- 23.7% for professional services contracts;
- 26% for all other services contracts; and
- 21.1% for commodities contracts.
In addition, TPWD establishes agency-specific HUB goals for each previous