New Moon Hike
Sat, April 18, 2015
An especially kid-friendly Ranger-led hike which may include stargazing, owls, scorpions, tarantulas, alligators, frogs and more!
You've seen the Park in the daytime, now see it at night:
• spider-sniffing (maybe even tarantulas!)
• scorpions glowing under blacklights
• pauraques (night birds seen nowhere else in the US except South Texas)
• alligator eyes glowing red in the night
• creatures of the night. anything is possible including armadillos, owls, frogs, bobcats, snakes, bats...
Meet on the deck just outside the Park Store. Suitable for all ages. Free with park admission.